Isolation in a crowd is an epidemic of our time. Feelings of disconnection, loneliness and displacement contribute to the violence, apathy and desensitization of our society.
The Elar Institute aims to strengthen individuals and communities through programming which addresses our need for belonging, connection and self expression. The solution we propose exists within our two branches:
Entertainment which enriches an audience through live illustration, examination of norms and the sharing of the deeply personal.
Education which focuses on emotional intelligence, self expression and communication.
About Our Name:
El-ar is the sound of the letters "L" and "R" which stand for living room. Our name is a subtle way to celebrate the living room because it is an everyday space that is often overlooked. We believe living rooms are special because they are a space for family, friends and generally a place for us to be as we are. It is a space of acceptance and belonging.
- A Collection Of Individuals September 28, 2017
- Human Library Returns To Orlando! July 25, 2017
- That’s What You Meant?! July 12, 2017
- Conversations That Matter July 10, 2017
- Wait! What Were We Arguing About? July 8, 2017
- On The Air – To A Certain Degree July 7, 2017
- Why A Living Room May 12, 2017
- Feeling Free May 2, 2017