Isolation in a crowd is an epidemic of our time. Feelings of disconnection, loneliness and displacement contribute to the violence, apathy and desensitization of our society.
The Elar Institute aims to strengthen individuals and communities through programming which addresses our need for belonging, connection and self expression. The solution we propose exists within our two branches:
Entertainment which enriches an audience through live illustration, examination of norms and the sharing of the deeply personal.
Education which focuses on emotional intelligence, self expression and communication.
About Our Name:
El-ar is the sound of the letters "L" and "R" which stand for living room. Our name is a subtle way to celebrate the living room because it is an everyday space that is often overlooked. We believe living rooms are special because they are a space for family, friends and generally a place for us to be as we are. It is a space of acceptance and belonging.
Radical self expression
- Why A Living Room May 12, 2017
- Feeling Free May 2, 2017
- The Power of Words April 25, 2017
- Questions We Ask Every Day Without Even Realizing It April 18, 2017
- What’s On Your Mind? April 16, 2017
- Gentle, Manly – Shifting The Male Stereotype April 13, 2017
- He Listens And Sees April 12, 2017
- Breaking Through Your Fear April 11, 2017